Firefighters identify man killed in fire at North Portland house that included …

December 31st, 2011 by admin Leave a reply »

NPDXFire1.JPGView full sizeThe fire at this North Portland home Friday evening killed a 41-year-old man.The man killed in a fire Friday night in a North Portland home that included a marijuana growing operation was Jason Ross Brown, 41, Portland fire investigators said this evening.

Brown was a valid medical marijuana card holder but the growing operation in the two-story house at 6219 N. Concord Ave was in excess of what he was allowed to legally grow and possess, Portland Fire Rescue investigators said. He died of carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of the fire.

The fire appears to have started in the basement, but investigators have yet to determine if it was related to the growing operation. They estimate damage to the home at $225,000.

A neighbor told The Oregonian Friday that Ross was a renter who said he grew medical marijuana for cancer patients.

— Scott Learn


Article source: