Prosecution makes opening statement in trial of 2 men accused of Bangor triple …

May 1st, 2014 by admin Leave a reply »

BANGOR, Maine — Family and friends of three people shot and killed in one of the city’s grisliest crimes wept quietly as the indictments charging two men with murder were read Thursday at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

Assistant Attorney General Lisa Marchese gave her opening statement after a jury of eight men and eight women, including four alternates, was selected Thursday morning in the trial of Nicholas Sexton, 33, of Warwick, R.I., and Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 36, of Brockton, Mass. They have pleaded not guilty to killing three people and setting the car containing the bodies on fire in August 2012.

The charred bodies of Nicolle A. Lugdon, 24, of Eddington and Daniel T. Borders, 26, of Hermon, were found Aug. 13, 2012, in a Bangor parking lot. The body of Lucas A. Tuscano, 28, of Bradford also was found in the car. All three had been shot and then burned. Investigators have described the slayings as a drug deal gone bad.

Marchese said that all three victims used and sold drugs, including, heroin, oxycodone and marijuana. She said the night the three were killed, they had communicated with Sexton and Daluz about buying “some Perc 30s,” the street name for Percocet, a prescription drug containing oxycodone and acetaminophen. The victims ended up obtaining the drug from someone else.

“This is a case about the sale of drugs,” the prosecutor told jurors. “It is about loyalty and it is about money.”

Jurors are to be taken by bus to view sites in Bangor

Article source: http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/01/news/bangor/jury-seated-in-bangor-triple-murder-trial-of-two-men/

Advertisement

.