Medical examiner describes wounds suffered by victims in Bangor triple slaying …

May 2nd, 2014 by admin Leave a reply »

BANGOR, Maine — A former Maine medical examiner testified Friday morning that two of the three people found in a burning car in August 2012 died of gunshot wounds to the head.

The third body was so badly damaged by the flames that he could not prove the man died of a gunshot wound to the head, Dr. Michael Ferenc told jurors on the second day of the trial of the two men accused of killing the trio, then setting the car they were in ablaze.

The charred bodies of Nicolle A. Lugdon, 24, of Eddington, Daniel T. Borders, 26, of Hermon and Lucas A. Tuscano, 28, of Bradford were found in a rental car on Aug. 13, 2012, in a Bangor parking lot. All three had been shot and then burned, according to the prosecution. Investigators have described the slayings as a drug deal gone bad.

Nicholas Sexton, 33, of Warwick, Rhode Island, and Randall “Ricky” Daluz, 36, of Brockton, Massachusetts, have pleaded not guilty to three counts of murder and one count of arson. Their trial before a jury of eight women and eight men, including four alternates, began Thursday at the Penobscot Judicial Center with opening statements.

All three bodies were so badly damaged by the fire they were missing limbs, Ferenc, who was deputy chief medical examiner for the state of Maine in 2012, said. He determined that Borders and Lugdon both were shot in the left sides of their heads. Bullet fragments were recovered.

Ferenc determined that Tuscano

Article source: http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/02/news/bangor/medical-examiner-describes-wounds-suffered-by-victims-in-bangor-triple-slaying-as-trial-continues/

Advertisement

.